Sunday, January 25, 2009

McWeekend!

Hello again!

I'm in the middle of my weekend. It's actually not really a weekend, since I do have to go to class tomorrow, but at least I don't have to go to work, too. I'm off from work on Sundays and Mondays. Sunday is my ME day. I sleep in (till 8) and take my time leisurely enjoying my coffee and relaxing.

My friend, Yvonne, came to spend the night last night. I got off work at 5 and we met at the house, changed clothes and hit the town. We ate a phenomenal dinner at MarketPlace followed by a trip to the mall. Yes, the mall. On a Saturday night. I think we were the oldest people in there, BUT, we had a great time. The little old lady working at Dillard's was entertaining. We tried on every jacket on every clearance rack and giggled like little girls. She scored the find of the evening- it was a GORGEOUS soft and furry silvery-gray swing jacket. I Loved it. If I was a size smaller (or the jacket was a size bigger, grrrrr....) I would have demanded ownership. We found a lot of stuff we both drooled over, but we didn't buy anything else. I mostly whined about not having a job where I could dress up and wear cute silvery-gray fuzzy jackets. Navy shirts and khaki pants get kinda old after a while....

Anyway, our next point of business was hair color. We went to the nearest Walmart* on a hunt for a highlight kit. On our way through the store, we saw Star Wars sheets and blankets... My boy is a Star Wars FANATIC. So he is now the proud owner of a Clone Wars sheet set and throw blanket, courtesy of tag team shoppers, Yvonne and me. He's thrilled. Onward to the HBA department. We found the highlight kit and headed to my house for some late night beauty shop fun.

The highlights turned out really pretty. I tried to take a picture to post, but it didn't do them justice. They're a pretty coppery/caramel color. They look really pretty mixed into her dark brown hair.

We then decided we're old, because it was 1AM and we were both yawning.

This morning after sleeping in till 10, Yvonne checked her throat and decided she has a case of strep brewing. We weren't gonna let that slow us down, though. We went to Target and lunch at Subway anyway! I hated to see her leave Fort Smith, but she needed to get back. And I need to get started on some homework....

I haven't been online much this weekend, but when I did get on, I saw a few status updates about homework and classes.... One in particular from a girl in two of my classes. These are one-credit hour classes that require an ungodly amount of homework. Seriously, after finishing the assignments last week, I want to QUIT. I could see that my friend was feeling that way this weekend, too. I'm going to get started on this week's work and probably need to blog again later just to vent!

All in all, I'm having a great weekend. Lots of laughs, good food, good friends. I'm sure I'm about to ruin my good mood with some homework, though. Ha! I wish I could be a lady of leisure and not have to work so I could have this euphoric feeling all the time, but alas, I am a poor single mommy so... :) It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment